The worst thing about Schleck’s chain problem yesterday isn’t that Contador sped past and took the yellow jersey, it’s that it’s being referred to as Chaingate.
I hope there’s some incident in the future involving famous people and a gate causing the majority of journalists to implode.
* The title is the obligatory Simpsons reference
As I looked along this image I thought great I’m very trustworthy, then I got to the 16th one.
According to a trust worthy poll, by a reputable company in a reputable newspaper, or something like that, these are things women find attractive (bolding mine)
- Has facial stubble
- Is a bit geeky
- Has a hairy chest
- Avid book reader
- Cries at soppy films1
- Sings along to a song while dancing to it
- Grey hair
- Sweaty after workout2
- Wears glasses
- Has a passion for sports
That explains why my life is like a Lynx advert.
1 CSS3 selectors on the other hand…
2 It would be bolded, except I don’t work out3
3 If you’re not sweating after a work out your sweat glands aren’t working and you’re probably dead, consult your GP.
It’s just with the internet you get to see new and completely ridiculous defences of creationism, the people who show up at your door are still going on about the odds of abiogenesis and using God-of-the-gaps arguments.
And generally English fundies aren’t as openly mental as their US counterparts so trying to trick them into saying something offensive doesn’t work.
- Obviously it’s lawyers, gagging The Guardian (to help you avoid working with/for, or hiring/buying from, either of the companies make a note that Trafigura are a bunch of cunts, and that Carter-Ruck are also a bunch of cunts)
- Getting back to nerd stuff – a good overview of why Tog’s ideas for the Springboard weren’t great the Springboard expose video is very cool.
- and the truth about PSDs, stolen from Dom
More annoying than my iron problem why is the material that makes 99% of my trousers key-proof, but the pockets – where I keep my fucking keys, is not?
From my eBay Auctions
Football Manager 2009sold
- Wii Games
SSX Blursold Excite Trucksold Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07sold The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princesssold before I had a chance to post this Pro Evolution Soccer 2008sold Resident Evil 4 Editionsold
My NeXT Stuffsold
From the Apple Store
From my Amazon affiliate links*
The new Muse album
Football Manager 2010
and the new Dawkins book
* thanks to the random internet person who clicked a link on dogtanian.net and brought £200+ worth of stuff, you just brought me FM 2010
…is what these posters should’ve said but right-wingers aren’t even as funny as me, and that’s setting the bar pretty low.
Edit: a google shows lots of other people had this idea, hardly surprising, but makes the creators of the poster look even less witty.